EWEB Steam Transition Project
Read about project updates and how your business can switch to a lower-cost energy source today.
The Eugene Water & Electric Board will eliminate its steam system by June 1, 2012. To start saving money now – and to make sure installation of your new heating system goes as smoothly as possible – start the conversion process soon.
Switch now and start saving
Natural gas heating costs a lot less than EWEB’s steam heat. The average steam customer will save up to 60 percent on energy costs by converting to a high-efficiency natural gas alternative.
NW Natural’s rates are about the same as they were in 2004. The company just lowered its rates for the second consecutive year. With an influx of new gas supplies, the industry expects gas costs to remain low for the foreseeable future.
The sooner you convert the more money you’ll save.
Now is the time to invest in high-efficiency gas equipment. Here’s why:
- During 2011, NW Natural’s sales engineer, Bruce Dobbs, P.E., will provide design and engineering support at no charge for customers considering a switch to natural gas.
- In 2011, NW Natural will install pipelines without a construction charge for EWEB steam customers switching to natural gas.
- The state Business Energy Tax Credits are scheduled to expire mid-year 2012. The next Legislature may cut back – or eliminate – these tax credits, so we recommend you pursue them soon.
- EWEB is making low-interest loans available to help you with new equipment costs. Contact Tom Williams (541-685-7160); Steve Mangan (541-685-7376); or Mike Logan (541-685-7108) for information about loan availability.
- Energy Trust of Oregon can advise you on ways to use energy efficiently. Contact Lyn Schmidt (503-224-4751) for more information.
Don’t get left in the cold
Switching to natural gas is easy – and doing so makes economic sense. But there’s another reason to start the conversion process soon. As the deadline gets closer, you’ll find more competition for HVAC contractors and other related services. That could mean a longer wait and higher prices.
So don’t risk running out of steam. Contact us soon.
Our customers like us
In 2010, NW Natural earned the highest satisfaction ratings in the nation in the J.D. Power and Associate’s Gas Utility Residential Customer study. We also won “Best in the West” status in the 2010 business customer satisfaction study, also by J.D. Power.
If you’re ready to learn what you need to do to start the conversion process, call our Eugene sales representative, Greg Stiffler, (541-342-3661, ext. 8376). Or send him an email.
If you’d like to talk to Bruce Dobbs, our sales engineer, about system design, call him at 503-888-0426, or email him.
Have a question or comment? Contact us.