Smart Energy for Your Business
Offset your business natural gas use with Smart Energy.
If you are a business owner, you can either commit to offsetting 100 percent of your CO2 emissions for one year or determine what percentage of your emissions you wish to offset based on the amount of your monthly contribution.
Join Smart Energy
The Climate Trust, a non-profit with an established record of managing offset projects, will keep track of all Smart Energy offsets. All businesses participating in Smart Energy will receive a report at the end of the year documenting how many tons of greenhouse gas emissions were prevented by Smart Energy investments. Businesses signing up at the 100 percent offset level for one year will receive the marketing benefits provided to Smart Energy Circle members.
Smart Energy Circle
The Smart Energy Circle is a group of NW Natural business customers who've made a commitment to fighting climate change by participating in Smart Energy at the 100 percent CO2 emissions offset level for at least one year. These dedicated businesses will receive recognition from NW Natural for making this important commitment.
The recognition benefits all Circle members receive include:
- A company listing on our website. View the current Circle Members
- Receive We Got Smart window decals for use in all storefront locations
- Frame-able certificates for display in company offices
- A press release and flyer template that can be customized for a company's important audiences
- Access to the Smart Energy Circle logo for use in a company's sales and marketing materials
- A no-cost energy walk-through survey of your business facilities by the Energy Trust of Oregon (valued at $300), providing a short checklist of energy-saving opportunities