2023 NW Natural “Keep It Toasty” Sweepstakes Official Terms & Conditions
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The 2023 NW Natural ”Keep It Toasty” Sweepstakes (“Drawing”) is open to residents of Oregon and SW Washington who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry and reside in the utility service territory of NW Natural. Employees, officers, directors and agents of NW Natural, Administrator (defined below) and their respective affiliates, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. By entering you agree that the terms of this Offer and the decisions of NW Natural are final and binding in all respects. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Sponsor and Administrator. The sponsor and administrator of this Drawing is Northwest Natural Gas Company, dba NW Natural (referred to as “Sponsor,” “Administrator” or “NW Natural”), 250 SW Taylor Street, Portland, OR 97204-3038.
3. Entry Period: Entries must be received by NW Natural starting on January 25, 2023 at 12:00 a.m., Pacific Time and through April 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”). All online and mail entries must be received by April 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time.
4. How to Enter: No purchase necessary to enter. During the Entry Period, contestants complete the ”Keep It Toasty” quiz found online at NW Natural’s web page (nwnatural.com/toastysweepstakes) and enter for a chance to win by completing all required information and submitting the entry form at the end of the ”Keep It Toasty” quiz. All submissions must be received by NW Natural during the Entry Period and by no later than April 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time. You may also enter by hand-printing your complete name, address, city, state and zip code, day and evening telephone number (including area code), and e-mail address (optional) on a 3”x5” postcard and mailing it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: NW Natural, Marketing Dept. 250 SW Taylor Street, Portland, OR 97204-3038.
You may also enter by filling out your information in the online form found at: https://nwnatural.typeform.com/ToastyDrawing
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, misdirected, stolen, undelivered, separated, entries. NW Natural will not be able to verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Limit: You may enter only once during the Entry Period. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities or any other methods will void your entries and you will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of NW Natural. Adult residents from the same household may enter individually, one entry per person, and may not enter more than once by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Drawing terms and conditions. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your entry may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of NW Natural. By entering the Drawing, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and that you accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions.
Information Required on Entry Form via ”Keep It Toasty” Quiz:
When submitting the entry form via the ”Keep It Toasty” Quiz, the following information will be collected and must be included to be eligible for the Drawing:
- Email Address
- Phone number
5. Prizes: The promotional prizes are provided by NW Natural. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
First Prize: One (1) winner during the Entry Period will receive their choice of one (1) high-efficiency natural gas fireplace with a maximum retail value of $5000 and a voucher for up to a maximum of $5000 towards the costs of installation of the fireplace and natural gas service (if necessary) by a NW Natural Certified Contractor (“First Prize”). NW Natural will not be responsible for extending the gas line if the winner’s premise is not located on or near an existing gas main. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the First Prize is $10,000. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs and expenses not specified herein as being provided, including costs and expenses connected with the fireplace, the installation of the fireplace and any installation of gas service in excess of the ARV of First Prize. Winner must execute a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and publicity consent agreement before any prize is awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes) and fees associated with the First Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The First Prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash or exchange from any retail or wholesale outlet. All First Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the First Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion.
Second Prize: Four (4) winners during the Entry Period will receive one of four $100 Visa gift cards (the “Second Prizes”). The specifics of the Second Prizes shall be solely determined by NW Natural. Winners of the Second Prizes must each execute a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and publicity consent agreement before any prize is awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes) and fees associated with the Second Prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at NW Natural’s sole discretion, and the Second Prizes are nontransferable and non-assignable. All Second Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Second Prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole and absolute discretion.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $10,400.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. For example, if there are 1,000 eligible entries for a drawing, the odds of winning per entry would be 1:1000. Multiple entries will not increase your chance of being selected as a prize winner.
7. Winner Selection, Notification and Requirements: One winner for each Prize will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of NW Natural from all eligible entries on Monday, May 1, 2023. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator on or around 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on May 1, 2023. Winners will be notified by private message via the email address provided within 7 days following selection of Winners. Winners will be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, publicity release, and IRS Form W-9 within 7 days of being notified. NW Natural shall have no liability for Winners’ failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If a selected potential winner does not acknowledge Sponsor’s notification within 7 days, cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification is made, or fails to timely return a completed and executed release of liability, declaration of eligibility, publicity release and W-9 (as needed), the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt by Winners of the prizes offered in this Drawing is conditioned upon compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NW NATURAL’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE DRAWING, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FORFEITED AND TERMINATED. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Drawing. You are not a winner of any prize unless and until eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules have been verified and you have been notified that verification is complete.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Drawing, accepting and/or using the prize, Winners understand and agree to allow NW Natural, anyone acting on behalf of NW Natural, and NW Natural’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Drawing, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Nothing herein gives You any rights to any intellectual property owned by NW Natural.
9. Terms & Conditions: NW Natural reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Drawing should a computer virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, tampering, technical problem or other cause beyond NW Natural’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to halt or change the selection decision for the Drawing at any time due to situations beyond its control. In such cases, NW Natural reserves the right to award prizes to another selected and eligible entry and may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by NW Natural. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Drawing, and the right to cancel the Drawing at any time without obligation or prior notice. NW Natural also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or website or violates these Terms & Conditions or the Drawing’s rules. NW Natural has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Drawing, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Drawing rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, NW Natural reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability:
Limitation of Liability
Sponsor and Administrator and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives of Sponsor and Administrator, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, stolen, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible or postage-due entries, notices, releases, forms, affidavits, or other correspondence; (ii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor and Administrator that may cause the Drawing to be disrupted or corrupted; (iii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Drawing to the extent permitted by law including without limitation, “injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Drawing.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS DRAWING. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THIS DRAWING IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution: As a condition of participating in this Drawing and except where prohibited, You agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or relating to the Drawing or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before a court located in Multnomah County, Oregon. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of You and Sponsor in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, without giving effect to any conflict of law rules.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name (available after May 8, 2023) or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: NW Natural, 250 SW Taylor Street, Portland, Oregon 97204, USA. Requests must be received no later than October 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time.13. Arbitration and Disputes: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Drawing shall be settled by mediation and/or arbitration. If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Drawing, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, Sponsor and You agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures. If the matter is not resolved within 60 days after initiation of mediation, then, upon notice by either party to the other, the dispute shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Disputes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor and its affiliates in connection with the Drawing, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. Jurisdiction for all disputes shall be Multnomah County, Oregon.
Register your account online.
View and pay bills, see gas use, and compare use over time.