At NW Natural, we believe that focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s the path to excellence and innovation. We know that we all benefit when we amplify underrepresented voices, celebrate our differences and create an environment where everyone can contribute, thrive and prosper.
While we are proud of the work NW Natural is doing in this space, we know we are not perfect as a company, community, or country. We have a long way to go and much work to do—individually and collectively—to dismantle the inequities that are embedded in our systems and institutions. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive culture and ensuring racial and gender equity in all aspects of our work, from the way we hire and operate every day, to the biggest decisions we make as a business.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council
Our Diversity Council has championed the inclusion and equity of underrepresented groups in our company and community for 20 years. Today we continue to broaden that work through a growing fleet of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which offer our employees the opportunity to connect and influence our workplace culture:
- African American ERG
- Asian American Network
- Somos Unidos (LatinX ERG)
- Rainbow Alliance (LGBTQ+ ERG)
- Women’s Network
- Veterans ERG
Officer team support
Our CEO and Officer team, in partnership with our DE&I Council, commits to:
- Reinforce our zero-tolerance policy for racism and discrimination at NW Natural
- Hold listening sessions to understand the experience and needs of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) employees
- Foster an inclusive and diverse culture/workforce in our existing employee population
- Recruit more diversity into NW Natural, focusing on BIPOC, female, trans, and non-binary talent, as well as people with disabilities
- Assess and expand our ability to work with diverse suppliers, and increase the positive impact on our diverse supplier network
- Foster diversity, equity & inclusion in our communities through partnerships, volunteering, and financial support
- Ensure all customers have equitable access to natural gas programs and resources
NW Natural is committed to doing our part to create equity both internally and in our community. Together, we hope to create a world where everyone can experience an equal sense of belonging, contribution, and opportunity.
Register your account online.
View and pay bills, see gas use, and compare use over time.