Digging Safely this Spring More Important Than Ever
With more people at home doing yard projects, NW Natural reminds customers and contactors to call before digging
Media contact: email@example.com; 503-818-9845 (pager)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 15, 2020
- Regardless of digging depth or familiarity with the property, make your request at least two business days before you plan to dig.
- Call 811 or use the free NW Natural Safety App.
- When you call 811, the Oregon Utility Notification Center notifies local utility companies of the intent to dig. Then a professional locator visits the site to mark the location of underground utility lines. The OUNC says the contractors who come out to mark buried lines will follow COVID-19 health safety precautions.
- Confirm with 811 that all lines have been marked.
- Consider moving your project location if it’s near utility line markings.
- If working with a contractor, confirm a call to 811 has been made. Don’t allow work to begin if lines aren’t marked.
About NW Natural
NW Natural provides natural gas service to approximately 2.5 million people in more than 140 communities through more than 760,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. It consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores. NW Natural is part of Northwest Natural Holding Company, (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings), which is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and owns NW Natural, NW Natural Water Company, and other business interests and activities.