NW Natural Gas Assistance Program Donates $160,000 to Help Those in Need
Annual giving season now underway
Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-818-9845 (pager)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 29, 2020
PORTLAND, Ore. — NW Natural customers and shareholders contributed $160,000 to the Gas Assistance Program this past year to help low-income families and seniors with their winter heating bills.
“We’re so grateful to our customers and the community who contributed to GAP to help their neighbors in need,” said Mary Moerlins, NW Natural director of Environmental Policy & Corporate Responsibility. “This year’s giving season is now underway, and we’re committed to doing everything we can to help our customers who may need a helping hand this winter.”
NW Natural shareholders will match the first $60,000 in contributions to this year’s program. NW Natural covers all of GAP’s administrative costs so 100% of the funds can be donated to recipients. Since it began in 1982, NW Natural’s GAP has raised more than $6.5 million for community action groups that distribute the funds directly to those in need.
This year’s GAP giving season is now open through Aug. 31, 2021. Tax-deductible donations can be made via United Way at connect.unitedway-pdx.org/GAP or mailing a check to: Gas Assistance Program, PO Box 35143 #4406, Seattle, WA 98124-5143.
Donation funds are distributed to the following community action networks, which screen all low-income recipients:
- Clackamas County Social Services Division — Clackamas County
- Clark Public Utilities District — Clark County
- Community Action Organization — Washington County
- Community Action Team, Inc. — Clatsop and Columbia Counties
- Community Services Consortium — Benton, Lincoln and Linn Counties
- Human Solutions, Inc. — Multnomah County
- Impact Northwest — Multnomah County
- Lane County Human Services Commission — Lane County
- Mid-Columbia Community Action Council — Hood River, Wasco and Sherman Counties
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action — Marion and Polk Counties
- Self Enhancement, Inc. — Multnomah County
- Yamhill Community Action Partnership — Yamhill County
About NW Natural
NW Natural provides natural gas service to approximately two million people in more than 140 communities through 770,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. It consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores. NW Natural is part of Northwest Natural Holding Company, (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings), which is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and owns NW Natural, NW Natural Water Company, and other business interests and activities. For more information, visit nwnatural.com.