NW Natural Files Annual Rate Adjustment for Washington
Media contact: email@example.com; 503-818-9845 (pager)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 15, 2020
- Rates for residential customers to increase by about $4.52 month.
- Rates for small-commercial customers to increase by about $18.08 a month.
- Purchased Gas Adjustment: A 3.7% or $2.01 increase on the average monthly residential bill, and a 4.0% or $8.53 increase on the average small-commercial bill. The filing trues up the differences between the estimated and actual cost of natural gas, and it establishes the customer costs for natural gas from Nov. 1, 2020-Oct. 31, 2021.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: A 0.8% or $0.45 increase on the average monthly residential bill, and a 0.8% or $1.71 increase on the average monthly small-commercial bill for energy efficiency programs that support cost-effective natural gas conservation.
- Low-Income Assistance: A 0.4% or $0.24 increase on the average monthly residential bill, and a 0.8% or $0.89 increase on the average monthly small-commercial bill for programs that help low-income residential customers install energy efficiency improvements and stay warm during the winter.
- Other year-to-year adjustments and costs approved by regulators: A 3.4% or $1.82 on the average monthly residential bill, and a 3.3% or $6.95 for small commercial.
NW Natural is a local distribution company that currently provides natural gas service to approximately 2.5 million people in more than 140 communities through more than 770,000 meters in Oregon and Southwest Washington with one of the most modern pipeline systems in the nation. NW Natural consistently leads the industry with high J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction scores.
NW Natural is part of Northwest Natural Holding Company, (NYSE: NWN) (NW Natural Holdings), is headquartered in Portland, Oregon, and through its subsidiaries has been doing business for more than 160 years. It owns NW Natural Gas Company (NW Natural), NW Natural Water Company (NW Natural Water), and other business interests and activities.