Information and resources for conduit standards and pick up.
Conduit pick up locations
Pick up conduit at these locations
You can pick up your conduit between 7am – 9am, Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). Please note that the Sherwood location has extended pickup hours, and some centers ask you to arrange pickup times in advance.
Conduit pickup is temporarily unavailable at our Vancouver location. Please call and/or visit our Parkrose location, listed below.
Call in advance to arrange pickup
1405 Highway 101, Lincoln City, OR
Central Willamette Valley
7150 Supra Dr. SW, Albany, OR
11218 NE 66th St., Vancouver, WA
Conduit pickup is temporarily unavailable at this location.
Please call and/or visit our Parkrose center.
Call in advance to arrange pickup or delivery
1125 Bargeway Rd, The Dalles, OR
9222 SE Knapp, Portland, OR
2150 SE Dolphin Ave., Warrenton, OR
North Willamette Valley
3123 Broadway NE, Salem, OR
12120 NE Inverness Dr., Portland, OR
7am-2:30pm every weekday. Go to Stores Desk inside building to receive conduit.
20285 SW Cipole Rd., Sherwood, OR
Call ahead to arrange delivery
1625 N 7th St., Coos Bay, OR
South Willamette Valley
790 Goodpasture Island Road, Eugene, OR
7835 NE Walker Road., Hillsboro, OR
Requirements for conduit installationConduit installation is required for new construction services. We provide conduit for service installation at no charge. You can pick up your conduit between 7am – 9am, Monday – Friday (excluding holidays). Location information is found on the Conduit pick up locations tab below. Please note that the Sherwood and Clark County locations have extended pickup hours, and some centers ask you to arrange pickup times in advance.
Tips for conduit standards
- For conduit installations greater than 200 feet, leave a 2' break in the conduit every 200 feet.
- For safety reasons service depth and separation requirements are strictly enforced.
- Install conduit at least 12” from other utilities in the trench.
- Service depths for conduit installation are:
> Outside property line: 30” minimum; 36” maximum
Inside property line: 18” minimum; 24” maximum, or for cross lots, 24” minimum
- Tape or cap the ends of the installed conduit to prevent blockage.
- Mark the location of the installed PVC conduit with a section of conduit rising at least 2 feet above grade.
- Install conduit in straight runs, unless the installation is a cross lot or is otherwise approved by NW Natural.
- Backfill material should be free from rocks where the service line will be connected to the main or curb service.
- Meter placement should be marked separately and should meet all current meter requirements. Conduit should be properly installed before you place your service installation order.
How to properly locate a meter.
Register your account online.
View and pay bills, see gas use, and compare use over time.