We are dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of the natural environment and to operating our business in an increasingly sustainable manner. This approach impacts NW Natural’s long-range direction, which is why we expect our vendors to share these values.
NW Natural considers the environmental impacts of its work and seeks ways to minimize those impacts. We strive to:
- Comply with all laws relating to the protection of the environment
- Operate our facilities with the necessary permits, approvals and controls
- Protect natural resources
- Employ proper procedures in the handling, use and storage of chemicals and potentially hazardous materials
- Store, recycle or dispose of any wastes generated by our activities as required by law at state or federally-approved facilities