Expanding the diversity of our vendor base is a priority at NW Natural.
In 2020, we purchased $31.5 million goods and services from verified minority-, woman- or veteran-owned businesses – a 130% increase since 2014. The company also purchased $26.3 million in goods and services from small businesses in 2020.
Through our Sustainable Purchasing Program, we form strategic partnerships that help us build a more diverse supplier base. These relationships reflect and support the communities we serve, and include businesses owned by minorities, women, veterans and other traditionally disadvantaged groups.
Our current partners include:
- Northwest Mountain Minority Supplier Development Council
- Oregon Native American Chamber
- National Association of Minority Contractors
- Latino Built – An Association for Latino Contractors in Oregon
- Women’s Business Enterprise Council
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
The following resources can help you get certified as a small business or a minority business in Oregon and Washington, and also at the federal level: