Natural Gas Safety
Natural gas safety information everyone should know.
NW 23rd & Glisan Update
NW Natural responds to incident in this Portland neighborhood.
811 - Call Before You Dig
Simply dial 811 first and a specialist will locate and mark your underground lines at no charge to you.
We've provided important earthquake-preparedness measures to read.
Ready to get educated on gas? We've got you covered with some fun science facts, kits, and the story of natural gas. For safety events, we can even provide guest speakers.
This section has information about identifying natural gas leaks and taking appropriate action.
- Safety tips—Learn how to prevent accidents and keep your family safe.
- We train firefighters at NW Natural Training Town—NW Natural offers natural gas safety and response training to fire departments.
- Sewer safety inspections—Make sure sewer and gas lines don't cross.
- Maintenance Safety—Proper maintenance of natural gas equipment.
- Natural gas SDS—An overview of the chemical make-up and proper handling of natural gas.
- Pipeline location information—Learn how to identify the location of buried transmission pipelines.
- Pipeline right-of-way—The requirements for pipeline right-of-way.
- Pipeline integrity management—Overview of our pipeline integrity management program.